General festival rules for Midgard Viking Festival
- Midgard Viking festival is a family friendly, nonpolitical and inclusive event, with focus on educating the public about the Viking age.
- Vikings or others, who through behavior or actions break these rules will be asked to leave the festival.
- It is expected that all participants can teach the public about their own craftsmanship, equipment, or goods.
- All participants are expected to engage with the public in a friendly and presentable manner, and to the best of their ability meet the publics expectations.
- All participants are expected to follow our authenticity rules: For more information.
- All participants are expected to follow Norwegian law.
- All fires must be kept in a metal fire pit.
- All tents are required to have a fire extinguisher
- All dogs are required to be kept on a leash, this is also required by law in the Borre park and on the coastal path.
- Garbage is to be disposed of at the designated garbage area only.
- As a participant, you agree to be photographed, pictures can be used by Vestfoldmuseene for the purpose of marketing.
- We wish for everybody to have a great festival experience, both participants and visitors. The rules are made with the intention of creating the best possible festival for everyone.
The festival opening hours:
- Friday 30th of June: 11am - 6pm
- Saturday 1st of July: 11am - 6pm
- Sunday 2nd of July: 11am - 5pm
- The festival area is available from Sunday the 26th of June to Monday the 3rd of July.
- All participants must register on arrival and is then assigned a tent spot. Registration is between 11am and 3.30pm every day from Monday the 26th of June to Wednesday the 28th of June. Please contact the reception at Midgard on arrival for more information.
- If you plan to arrive outside of this time, please let us know in advance. You are not permitted to put up your tent outside of your designated space.
- Thursday the 27th of June, the registration is open from 9am to 9pm.
- Friday the 30th of June, the registration is open from 9am to 11am. All cars should be out of the festival area before 10.30pm.
- During the week, the festival area is open to the public between 11am and 4pm. We require all participants that are staying during the week to maintain their tents historical appearance during opening hours.
- Cars should be taken from the festival area to the designated parking area for participants as soon as possible.
- The public is paying to experience the market until the market closes at 6pm. You are not permitted to close your stand before the market closes.
- It is not permitted to drive cars down to the festival area earlier than 30 minutes after the festival closes on Sunday. If you for some reason need to leave the market earlier, this must be clarified with the museum in advance, and it will affect your placement at the festival.
- Before leaving the festival, clean up your campsite and dispose of your garbage.
- If you wish to stay longer at the area after the Viking festival, please apply for Viking summer. Be aware that you most likely are required to move your tent between the Viking festival and Viking summer.
Applying for participation
- By sending an application for the festival, you are accepting to the general rules and the authenticity ruled for the festival.
- Groups sending in a joint application will be prioritized.
- Fighter groups register through a separate invitation organized by Borrefylkingen and do not apply here. For applying to the festival, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information.
- Group name
- Contact person with email and phone number.
- Number and name for all participants
- Time of expected arrival and departure.
- What is your/your groups contribution to the festival?
- Size and orientation of tent opening for all tents (long or short side).
- Any allergies or other dietary requirements we should know about? (In case of a group application, please specify the person/persons with allergies)